Chocolate Cheesecake filled Cupcakes-the best of both chocolate cake and cheesecake, and so easy to make!
I also adore cheesecake. I mean it’s true love. I just don’t get to have it that often. When you make a cheesecake, you’ve got this big scrumptious cheesecake in the fridge haunting/taunting you to just go get another slice. It won’t hurt you. Three slices later, as much as you love cheesecake, you’re done with it for a while.
Now I will warn you, these cupcakes are just as addicting, so you’ll have to monitor your own intake. Don’t hold me responsible if you find yourself eating more than one. After all, I don’t have anyone else to blame for the empty cupcake wrappers in the trash.
Easy cheesecake filling surrounded by moist chocolate cake. I don’t feel as guilty as a could, after all there’s no frosting needed on these cupcakes. It’s almost like these are diet food. OK, I know I just pushed it with that statement.
These cupcakes travel well so perfect for a picnic or potluck dinner. And you can freeze them, so IF you have any leftover, you can save them for a later time.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the Filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Make your filling first. In a medium bowl, Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa in a large mixing bowl. Add in remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Line a cupcake/muffin tin with liners and fill cups 1/2 full. Add one heaping tablespoon of filling into center of each cupcake.
- This is a sticky batter so I lightly greased the top of my pans, just in case, it works great for any cupcake or muffin recipe.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 25-30 minutes or for mini cupcakes about 18-20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com