Chocolate Malt Cookies with Chocolate Chips-the perfect treat with a ice cold glass of milk.
What do you do when you have a plumbing problem and you know the plumber will be arriving in a few hours? You make cookies. The best cookies you can think of. For him. You make decadent Chocolate Malt Cookies with chocolate chips.
We’ve had a wet spot on our carpet for about a week. My hubby kept trying to blame the dog but trust me, if our dog was able to pee enough to make a spot this big, she’s got some serious issues.
I knew it wasn’t the dog. But we couldn’t figure it out. Every morning, the spot would start out dry and by evening, it’s be mushy wet. We thought maybe a pipe was leaking, but leaking up?
There was no water damage on the ceiling below the spot. This went on for days. Finally, I don’t know what possessed me to look under the kitchen sink, but I did. Sure enough, every time we turned on the water, it was leaking…bad.
So I call our local plumber, he comes right out, fiddles around a bit, determines the problem is the faucet hose. tries to fix it with a new washer, nope. Gonna need a new faucet.
That settled, we gossip about everyone in town for a bit, when I ask him what do I owe? “No charge, I’ll see you tomorrow after you get your faucet.” This is not a friend of ours. Mr. Emmet and I had never met before, but we both knew of each other. This is just how things are done in small towns.
I wanted to make Mr. Emmet something to show my appreciation I thought about cinnamon rolls but didn’t know what time he’d be here. Cold rolls just don’t say thank you like hot ones would. And I couldn’t be baking while he was working, I’d be in his way. It had to be cookies. Still baked fresh that morning.
So Mr. Emmet came to install my new faucet and brought 2 helpers. One of the helpers noticed the cookies cooling on the table. “Who you making cookies for?” “For you all.”
I think he was a little surprised but when they left I had 3 bags of cookies all wrapped up and ready for them. Of course Mr. Emmet had to stick around a bit and chat just a little longer.
He’s cooking up Boston butts this weekend cause they’re on sale this week at Freshway. The things you learn about in a small town…
Chocolate Malt Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars together, about 2 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, beat again. Whisk together in a separate bowl, flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa and malted milk powder. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture blending till all combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour to overnight. Spoon cookie dough by rounded tablespoon (I use a medium cookie scoop) onto parchment lined cookie sheets, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. remove from oven and let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to racks to cool completely,
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com