Double Chocolate Biscotti-made with Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate chips, this Biscotti will satisfy any chocolate lover!
It’s that time of year. When everyone looks for that great recipe to give as gifts. That, not your every day cookie.
You want the cookies to taste amazing, be something memorable. Be something everyone asks for the recipe.
Then you have to take into consideration, packaging, shelf life, durability. You might want to ship your cookies, or just make them a few days ahead.
Biscotti is the perfect food gift. It fits all the criteria.
When it’s Double Chocolate Biscotti…let’s just say, if you can part with it, it’s the perfect gift.
Using the dark cocoa powder took this biscotti to the next level. Deep rich chocolate flavor. I probably could have left the chocolate chips out but really, everything’s better with a few chocolate chips thrown in!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together, add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to Butter mixture in thirds, making sure all dry ingredients are incorporated before adding more. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into a 12 x 4 inch log and place on a well greased baking pan (or use parchment paper) Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut loaf into 3/4 inch slices and place back on baking sheet, cut side down. Bake again for 8 minutes then turn cookies over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Completely cool cookies on a rack then store in an airtight container.
regular cocoa can be substituted for the dark cocoa
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
This Biscotti was so incredible, it disappeared from my kitchen after dinner. I went to go grab one, just for “inspiration” so I could write this post and gone! I searched the Kitchen, then the entire house. I’m pretty sure the container will magically appear in one of my children’s book bags to share with their friends at school.
Want more ideas for gift giving?