Now for a sandwich. You need a plate. Then 2 slices of bread. Then you have to open the refrigerator and get out the cold cuts and cheese. Oh, and either mayonnaise or mustard. I’m getting tired just writing this labor intensive chore.
Let me rest a minute.
Ok, back to making a sandwich. You’ll need a knife to spread the mayo/mustard, add the meat and cheese to the sandwich.
Now that could be it, but….you still have to put everything away. And we didn’t even touch on adding extras like lettuce.
So, yeah, snacks need to be easy.
These Crackers are the perfect balance of sweet and salty and the pecans on top give just the right nuttiness (wow, I thought that was going to be my new made up word but spell check let it go!)
Sweet and Salty Crackers
- 1 sleeve of crackers (your choice, I use Club Crackers)
- 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Line a sided baking sheet with foil. Place crackers side touching on baking sheet.
- Melt butter then add brown sugar and cinnamon, stir till well combined.
- Spread or dab butter mixture onto crackers, be generous, the more the better.
- Then sprinkle nuts on crackers. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before trying to remove from pan. Gently peel crackers off aluminum foil and enjoy!
Recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Need more snack ideas?