Sweet Salty Cinnamony Pretzel Snack Mix-you’ll want to clean out the snack cabinet and make this!
What is it with snack foods, especially pretzels?
You buy them for a party or maybe because you know they are healthier for you than say…Doritos.
The bag gets opened and everyone nibbles on them for a few days.
And then it happens. Everyone stops eating them, with only a serving or so left in the bag.
This seems to happen every time, especially with pretzels.
I know why, it’s all the jostling of the bag, knocking the salt off.
No one wants to eat a naked pretzel, at least not in my house.
Honestly, I think a few are just in it for the salt.
You can’t just throw the bag away, that’s wasteful.
So instead, you recycle. You find the last of the peanuts and the box of cereal tucked into the back corner.
A little butter, sugar, cinnamon and more salt.
You’ve got a whole new snack food and trust me, this one won’t end up half eaten, shoved in the back of the cabinet.
I had to force my son to share some with the girls.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Sweet Salty Cinnamony Pretzel Snack Mix
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup Chex cereal
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil.
- Put the cereal, pretzels and peanuts in a large bowl. Drizzle melted butter over the top and stir to coat.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt in a large ziploc bag. Stir or toss to combine well. Add in pretzels, cereal and peanuts. Shake to coat.
- Spread mixture out on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Let cool completely before storing in airtight container.
Salt at the bottom of the pretzel bag is a great salt substitute for this recipe.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more snack ideas?
Loaded Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
Sweet Spicy and Smoky Pecans from Patti’s Foods
Salted peanut Nutella Puppy Chow from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix from The Farm Girl
Leave a Reply