Peanut Butter Popcorn-the perfect blend of Salty and Sweet AND Peanut Butter!
I’ve been craving popcorn lately.
So all this week I’ll be posting some of the different and yummy popcorn recipes I’ve found. And I found some really good ones! And they have all been family and kid tested. After making all these popcorn recipes, I sent them to my daughter’s class.
This stuff is addicting.
Not overly peanut buttery.
And it’s light.
But not hard.
I can totally see adding peanuts to this.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Peanut Butter Popcorn
adapted from My Recipes
- 8-10 cups of popped popcorn
- 2/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place popcorn in a Large mixing bowl, the biggest one you have is the best one for this.
- Line a baking sheet (jelly roll pan) with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray and set to the side.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Stir to combine over medium heat. Continue at medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- I used a thermometer to see what temperature it would get to and surprise, it rose right to 240 degrees at 3 minutes on the nose.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Once combined, pour over your popcorn. Gently toss to coat all the popcorn.
- Then spread popcorn out on your prepared baking sheet. Place in a preheated 250 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Feel free to use microwave or old fashioned popcorn. Whatever makes you happy or you have on hand.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
When time is up, remove from oven and let cool completely.