Candied Popcorn- oh so yummy, with the delicious caramelized, candied outside and the melting away popcorn on the inside, this is the perfect treat during movie time w your kids, significant other, or heck, just by yourself!
Mainly because I want to get back to the popcorn before it’s all gone!
Went to my favorite confection’s shop, A.J.’s , and happened to pick up a recipe card for Candied popcorn.
Had all the ingredients and hey popcorn is better for you than straight candy.
Nutritious snack for the kids, right?
4 quarts popcorn We used 2 bags microwave popcorn
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. flavoring We used vanilla
- 4 quarts of popcorn (or 2 bags microwave popcorn)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp flavoring (we used vanilla)
- Keep freshly popped popcorn warm in a large baking pan in 200 F. oven. Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt, and cream of tartar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook to 250 F without stirring. Remove from heat. After boiling action ceases, add flavoring. and soda. Stir in quickly but thoroughly.
- Once it becomes foamy, pour over popcorn and gently fold it into the popcorn carefully.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and break into pieces when cool.