Popcorn Bars-sweet, salty and buttery combine for an easy treat, perfect for any occasion!
I’m not about celebrating my own birthday but when it comes to helping others celebrate, I’m all in. JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is turning 100 this month. One Hundred! I can’t even imagine being that old. For a family owned company that’s truly amazing. You can check out their full story here.
Popcorn has always been a go-to snack since I was a kid. I can remember popping it on the stove, making sure to not let it burn. It took some practice.
These days, my kids have it so easy. They can come in after school, just grab a microwave bag and in less than 5 minutes, they’re sitting in front of the TV, doing homework and sharing a few pieces of popcorn with the dog.
I’m happy to help JOLLY TIME celebrate their birthday. Popcorn is pretty much a given at any party. It’s an easy, no fuss snack that everyone loves. Just grab a handful and munch away.
If you’ve never made a marshmallow treat with popcorn, you’re missing out. It’s sweet salty combination is amazing.
Using the Blast-O-Butter popcorn makes it even better. It’s super buttery, and you can never have to much butter flavor. I like to dress things up a bit. With Sprinkles and other colorful things like M&Ms.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 bag microwaveable popcorn (I used JOLLY TIME Blast-O-Butter)
- 1/2 cup candy melts or chocolate almond bark
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Let cool and then remove any unpopped kernels. Set aside.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium low heat. Once melted, brush butter around pan and up sides of pan. Add marshmallows and continue to heat, stirring, until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and fold in popcorn.
- Press coated popcorn into prepared 9x13 pan.
- Place chocolate in microwave safe dish and heat on high in microwave for 50 seconds. Let cool 1 minute and then stir until no lumps remain. If needed heat for an additional 15 seconds.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn and then immediately sprinkle with sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Once chocolate is set, cut into squares using a sharp knife sprayed with cooking spray.
For easy pressing popcorn into pan, cover one hand with a large plastic bag, spray bag well with cooking spray then us bag covered hand to press popcorn into pan.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Since October is National Popcorn Month here are more popcorn ideas
Gooey Vanilla Caramel Corn from Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke
Baked Caramel Corn from Taste and Tell
Kahlua Caramel Corn from Rachel Cooks
and for more popcorn ideas, check out JOLLY TIME’s pinterest board
This post is sponsored by Kitchen PLAYand JOLLY TIME, as always, all opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply