Chocolate Popcorn-made with cocoa, this popcorn is good any time of the year!
You all knew I’d get to a chocolate popcorn.
I had to. But as warm as it’s getting around here I didn’t want a chocolate covered or drizzled popcorn. I wanted something that could handle the heat so to speak.
So I started searching and I found a Paula Deen recipe. I’ve tried a few of her other recipes and they’ve been fantastic. And she tastes her food as she goes, licks her fingers, and I’ll bet in the summer, she’s even in her kitchen barefoot cooking up something. My kind of girl.
Yes, I rarely wear shoes in the kitchen, I’m either in socks (winter) or barefoot. I’m just more comfortable. Probably my rebellion against uncomfortable business, have to be in style, pinch my toes, high heels. One of the many benefits of being a stay at home mom (besides being there for my kids and getting to cook fun stuff whenever I feel like it.)
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
8-10 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place popcorn in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Lay out waxed paper on table and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, cocoa and salt.
- Over medium heat, stir occasionally until butter is melted and all is combined. Continue cooking and bring to a boil. Don't forget to stir. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes. You want the temperature, if you're using a candy thermometer to reach 240, soft ball stage. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread out on waxed paper and separate as best you can. This is a sticky popcorn and if you don't separate immediately, you'll have to break it after it hardens.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more tasty snacks?