Apple Pie Bites-just takes a few minutes to whip these up, great as a snack or a dessert!
Last month, I had the privilege of visiting Pillsbury’s Test Kitchens. In addition to letting us play around in their kitchens and with their products, we also spent time with their photography staff. I know I’ll never be a “magazine quality” photographer but I still learned so much and hopefully you’ll see some of what I learned in all my future photos.
During the photo session, they kept using these apple inside a crescent roll for the example. All I kept thinking while they were giving these amazing tips was-I need to go wrap apples in crescent dough. I had the whole recipe in my head while sitting there. I knew they would be a huge hit with my kids.
I didn’t even have to think about it. Easy as ….Apple Pie. No, easier.
I will tell you, many of these photos for these Apple Pie bites were inspired from my time with Pillsbury. I played with the shadows. I played with the reflector board. I used the baked on parchment paper instead of a fresh sheet.
And I was right about the kids, This recipe makes 8 sweet little bites. I got one. the rest were devoured by my youngest and oldest in a matter of minutes. The perfect after school snack. Add a little ice cream or some whip cream and you’ve got dessert. Or since there’s fruit involved, why not a quick, easy breakfast treat?
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll crescent dough and separate wedges.
- Combine water and lemon juice in a small bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl.
- Slice apple into 8 wedges, removing seeds and skin if desired (I leave the skin on.) Dip each apple wedge into lemon water, let excess water drip off then roll wedge in cinnamon sugar.
- PLace apple wedge on wide end of crescent dough, add a few chopped walnuts and roll dough as best you can into a crescent shape.
- Place wrapped apple on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once all wedges are rolled, use remaining cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before eating.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Thank you Pillsbury for everything! I heart you and all your products!
Want more apple easy?