Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with fresh berries-the perfect light dessert
OK, you need to watch out, these cute little gems are a triple threat.
Just look at the name-
Mini-I love mini anything. Single serving, portion control, easy serve, less guilt.
Lemon-it’s my all time favorite fruit flavor, nuff said.
Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with fresh berries are a refreshing addition to any occasion. I love fresh fruit and being able to use it as a beautiful decoration also.
Cheesecake-rich, creamy, cheesy. It’s cheesecake and I love it any way I can get it.
*Bonus-this recipe only makes 6 mini cheesecakes so if you have no self control (cough, cough) you’re still limited on your intake based on supply. You can easily double the recipe if you need to.
*Double bonus-they just look so pretty with a few fresh berries on top.
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounce)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 vanilla wafer cookies (I use Nilla Wafers)
- Fresh berries-raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
- Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners. Place one cookie in the bottom of each cup, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whip cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and extracts and beat again.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-24 minutes, just until edges start to turn a golden and center is set.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight before serving. Garnish with fresh berries just before serving.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com