Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake-so rich, moist and full of chocolatey flavor!
As a child, I had to be the pickiest eater out there. So I understand when my middle child, Cassie, won’t eat most things. But I still have to try.
I’ll try and sneak fruits and veggies into other, delicious treats and see if she notices. Like these Apple Oatmeal Cookies, she loved them! She can be stubborn though, I made a chocolate cake with applesauce one time. She loved it but when I told her what was in it, she stopped eating it, and was mad at me for days.
It’s ok, I like peace and quiet.
Every year we are fortunate to have friends with abundant gardens, this year summer came early and I was gifted with a big bag of Zucchini. I’d had this recipe bookmarked for months.
This cake is delicious, moist and Cassie had another slice, even after she knew there was zucchini in it. So it must be good!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake
adapted from Family Kitchen
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa (I used Hersheys)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups packed grated zucchini, I left the skin on
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl, just till blended. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Add in oil and vanilla, beat again till well combined and oil doesn't separate after sitting for a few minutes.
- Blend egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat till blended but don't over beat. It'll be the consistency of thick brownie batter.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 2 greased or sprayed loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 dergee over for 50-60 minutes. Test for doneness using a toothpick.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in pan before removing to rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, slice and serve.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
And here are a few more great chocolate recipes-