Hershey’s Cocoa, Hershey’s Syrup and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Candy Bars all come together to make this the Ultimate Triple Chocolate Hershey Pound Cake!
School started back today. I no longer have a child in the Elementary School. Just the Middle and now 2 in High School. My babies are growing up.
Here’s how the day went. I wake up at 5am. I smell the coffee brewing (thank goodness for those built in timers on coffee makers!) Open the bedroom door to see my son already showered and ready. This day is starting off really well. Number 2 child is in the shower and just a few minutes later I’m hearing #3 child’s alarm clock go off. Everyone is awake and smiling. The older 2 are out the door at 5:40am. Youngest is off to catch the bus at 6:20am. I’m checking facebook at 6:30 am and I realize, my house is quiet!
Now this could be the end of the story but I have to run up to the high school to check on #1 son’s schedule. I pop out the door at 6:50am get there by 7:10 (school starts at 7:15) And yes, I could have driven the older 2 kids but I wanted to make sure the bus knew to stop for them and if you miss that first day on the bus, a lot of times the driver might think those kids won’t be riding.
I’m back home before 8am. And so begins our school year.
The best part of the day? As each child came through the door “Mom, I’m home!” Excited to tell me all about their day, the other kids, the teachers. Still smiling. It’s going to be a good year.
I love Chocolate. It’s no secret. When I came across a recipe in an old church cookbook, melting chocolate bars into chocolate syrup, I knew I was onto something. After some tweaking and the addition of some cocoa, this cake tastes just like biting into a Hershey’s Candy bar.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Triple Chocolate Hershey Cake
- 3 (1.55 ounce) Hershey Bars
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Break up candy bars and place in microwave safe dish with chocolate syrup. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to melt candy bars. Let cool.
- Add baking soda to buttermilk and set aside.
- Cream Butter, sugar and cocoa in mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time making sure to blend well after each addition.
- Add flour and buttermilk, alternating, starting and ending with flour.
- Mix in Chocolate and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan (you can use the non stick spray with the flour added)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, test for doneness using a toothpick.
- Cool in pan for 15-20 minutes before turning out on rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving if desired.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more cake?
Leave a Reply