Flourless Chocolate Cake drizzled with Chocolate Ganache
Being a food blogger has lead to some amazing friendships. It’s really not surprising. Food brings people together. No matter what your politics, your religion, your other beliefs, most people can agree on good food.
This is especially true of the food blogging community. It doesn’t matter if you are a sweets blogger, a healthy food blogger, vegan or paleo, it’s still all food. I’ve met so many amazing people along this journey. One of those people is Lori Lange. Not only is her site Recipegirl amazing but she’s also got a cookbook with many of her favorite recipes.
I can’t tell you how thrilled I was when Lori offered to send me a copy of her cookbook-The Recipe Girl Cookbook
. It’s been on my wishlist forever! You can tell by all the tabs, There are so many recipes I want to make!
Each chapter is broken down into a meal time. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Sweet treats, there’s even a Happy Hour Section. I’m looking for a reason to make the Blueberry-Pineapple Tequila Punch! Lori offers not only the basic recipe but great ideas to change it up along with complementary serving suggestions. At the back of the book, she even has party planning ideas with complete menus to ensure your guests will leave raving over the food!
So far I’ve made her Lemon and Herb-Marinated Grilled Chicken, the kids couldn’t get enough of it. I grilled it on my George Forman Grill soooo good! And I’ve made this Flourless Chocolate Cake. So easy to make, So gorgeous on the plate and OMG! melt in your mouth, squeeze your sides like the cartoon dog, good!
Still on my list of must make recipes from Lori are her Bacon and Corn Griddle pancakes, New England Clam Chowder, Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes, Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Brown Sugar Glaze, Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Cream, Irish Cream Brownies with Brown Butter Icing, Caramel Apple Pie Crust Cookies, Shirley Temple Ice Cream Sodas…
I could go on and name every recipe in the book!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
for the ganache
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Spray an 8 inch round cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- for the cake-in a medium bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth. If necessary microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Using a wire whisk, stir in sugar and eggs, making sure to blend completely.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. You should have a crust on the top, like a brownie. Let cake cool in pan for 20-30 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen edge, then turn cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For ganache-place chips in a small heat proof bowl. In another small bowl, microwave cream for 30 seconds on high, until almost boiling. Pour heated cream over chips and let rest for a minute before stirring. Continue to stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle ganache over entire cake or each slice as you serve.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore
Now since I’ve been bragging on how fabulous this cookbook is, Lori has generously offered to send one of you, my amazing readers, a copy of her book.
Entering is easy, Just leave a comment here, telling me what your favorite meal of the day is! It’s that simple. Then just click the rafflecopter entry that you left a comment.
Want more chocolate?
this post may contain affiliate links, a girls gotta be able pay for more chocolate