Chocolate Applesauce Bundt Cake-using applesauce makes for a delicious, moist cake, no frosting needed.
I’ve had applesauce cake before. It’s always so moist. with a slight hint of spice in the background. Nothing overwhelming. A really good cake. But I’ve never had a chocolate one.
My kids love applesauce. I’ve always got some in the pantry. So when I was “volunteered” to make some cakes for a school function, I knew just what I had to make. Chocolate Applesauce cake!
But before we get to the recipe, I have to tell you about this function. Because it was really cool. Called Night at the Museum, it was put on by the History department for the Middle school. All three grades, 6th, 7th and 8th could participate.
For the 6th grade, they could be anyone from History, any era. It was so amazing to see how hard some of the kids worked to learn their characters. I met a few Presidents, Royalty, Henry the 8th and a few of his wives. American Indians that had walked the Trail of Tears. Also the first dog launched into space was there. That girl knew her stuff!
My beautiful girl decided she wanted to be Blackbeard! She knew everything there was to know about him. Did you know Blackbeard was only a pirate for 2 years? Neither did I. And that he used to wear burning coals in his hair to make it smoke to scare his captives? Oh and my daughter’s favorite fact-it took 5 bullets and over 20 knife wounds to kill him in his final battle. Yeah, nothing like a little gore to keep a kid interested.
All the kids did an amazing job and definitely deserved some cake for their hard work.
We’ve got 2 more years of Middle School. I wonder who she’ll want to be next year? Thank you Byron Middle School teachers for being dedicated to the process of learning and making it fun for the kids at the same time!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Chocolate Applesauce Bundt Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Grease a bundt pan (do not use cooking spray) then use 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar to dust your pan. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, oil and remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add in eggs, one at a time making sure to scrape down sides of bowl. Add in vanilla and mix again.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, just to blend.
- Stir together applesauce and buttermilk.
- Alternating, add flour mixture and applesauce mixture to your butter mixture, making sure to fully incorporate after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour. Test for doneness using a toothpick, if it comes out clean (no crumbs) cake is ready. Let cake rest in pan for 30 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more cake?
Oreo Cookies and Cream Bundt Cake
Leave a Reply