Smores Brownie Cake-graham cracker crust, chocolatey cake and topped with toasted marshmallows.
I’m not sure what it is about S’mores. The marshmallow, the graham cracker, the Hershey’s Chocolate Bar? Honestly, I’m not a big fan of graham crackers or marshmallows.
Let’s face it, graham crackers are boring all alone. They make a great base for things like cheesecake, personally, my favorite crust for any dessert.
Marshmallows, are really kinda boring just sitting there in the bag. I mean, you wouldn’t catch me just eating them straight out of the bag, not like say chocolate chips. They need to be toasted over a camp fire or melted down into rice Krispie Treats or stirred into a fudge recipe.
When you do use marshmallows and Graham crackers in a recipe, together with chocolate, something magic happens. It’s that S’mores magic. The perfect blending of flavors. Make it in cake form and you got an easy treat perfect for a rainy day or just because you want that campfire flavor without the fire or the camp.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 2 1.55 ounce Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, stirring to evenly coat crumbs. Spread evenly in prepared pan and gently press down to form crust.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder and baking soda. stir in 1/2 melted butter to form a paste. Stir in boiling water until mixture thickens.
- Add in vanilla, sugar, egg and remaining butter, stirring until smooth. Add in flour and salt, stir just until combined.
- Pour batter over crust. Break Hershey bar into sections and place on top of batter.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle marshmallows over top, turn oven to broil and broil brownies just until marshmallows start to turn golden. In my oven it was about 90 seconds.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more Smores magic?
Smores Mini Donuts from Snap!
Easy Smores Pops from I Should Be Mopping the Floor
Smores Pie from Annie’s City Kitchen