Smores Cookie Bars. Graham Cracker, Hershey’s Chocolate and marshmallow wrapped up neatly in a bar.
I had to make these bars. My reputation depended on it.
You know your kids are proud of you when they show your site off to their friends. My son came home the other day from school and asked me to make a treat for his class. My son is in High School! Really, I asked? Why?
“Well Mom, we got done our work early in class (his AP History class) and we we’re playing around on the internet and I showed everyone your site. Even the teacher was looking. They want you to make something. They want the Hot Chocolate cookies.”
“Yes you have, just look at your recipes.” As I pull up the site, we’re looking together, still going back and forth on what I have and have not made “Mom, just move, let me do it, see, there, Hot Chocolate Muffins!”
Smart a$$ me “those are muffins, not cookies.”
“Well they want cookies.”
NOT! I made s’mores cookies, guess what happens to the marshmallows when you put them in the dough? The get all melty and run, and make an ugly cookie.
“Mom, I can take these, they’re good!”
So I send my son off to school without the ugly cookies and the promise that I will have something for him soon.
I have to thank the Girl Who Ate Everything. It was her S’mores Cookies that finally let me see the light. Instead of putting graham crackers in the cookie, use them as a crust!
A S’mores Cookie Bar is born!
S’mores Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows plus a few extra for the top
- 1 regular sized milk chocolate Hershey Bar
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Place in bottom of prepared pan and press down to form a crust.
- Cream 1/2 cup softened butter, add in sugars and cream again till fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla. Mix again.
- Combine Flour, baking soda and salt, then add to butter mixture. Once all combined, fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Spoon Cookie dough on top of cookie crust as evenly as possible. Don't worry about spreading perfectly. Dough will spread as it cooks to fill in any gaps. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- While bars are cooking, break candy bar into sections and place in freezer.
- 8-10 minutes before bar is done cooking, sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top, just to decorate. Return to baking for remaining time. Remove pan from oven and carefully place broken candy bar pieces on top. Let cool completely before cutting.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more Chocolate?
Leave a Reply