One of my favorite books is “Forrest Gump-My Favorite Chocolate recipes” Life is like a box of Chocolates. I haven’t found a recipe in this book I don’t love. And I’ve tried most of them.
Maybe I’m a little partial to the movie too. I don’t think Tom Hanks knows how to make a bad movie.
“Run Forrest, Run!”
Sorry, I had to say it.
I used to make peanut butter fudge using chocolate chips and peanut butter chips until I got this book. Now I only make it with this recipe. I have made a few adjustments over the years but this is still one of the best fudge recipes I’ve ever used.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add milk and vanilla.
- Sift sugar, cocoa and salt together.
- Gradually add sugar mixture to milk mixture stirring until blended.
- Stir in peanut butter. I try to leave a few streaks of peanut butter showing but you can stir it completely in if you want.
- Press mixture into buttered 8-inch square pan. I line my pan with parchment for easy removal.
- Cover and chill. Cut into squares. Keep refrigerated.
This is a soft fudge, I slightly freeze my fudge for easier cutting then store in the fridge.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more sweet goodness?