Smores Cereal Bars-Golden Grahams, marshmallows and chocolate all in a yummy bar!
I’m not ashamed to say I buy cereal for my kids for breakfast. They like it, depending on the cereal, they love it. It’s fast and easy on school days. I always try to find it on sale. With 3 kids, even the big boxes don’t last long in my house.
My kids know, I’ll buy whatever cereal they want under certain conditions.
First off, they have to share with the other kids. No hiding their favorite in the back of the cabinet. I’ll usually buy at least 2 boxes of the same cereal just to give everyone a chance at the “good” cereal.
It has to be reasonably priced. Again, since it won’t last long, I don’t want to spend $6.00 and have it gone in a day. O think I’ve trained the kids pretty well in this area. When we go shopping, they’ll look for the best value of their favorites, then proceed to put 2 or 3 boxes in the cart.
So it was no surprise when my daughter and I were in Dollar General and she spots Golden Grahams on sale. The big box for just $3.00. Yup, we walked out with 2 boxes. Marshmallows were also on sale. It was fate for these bars to happen.
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 1/4 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil then lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add 3 cups marshmallows reserving 1/4 cup marshmallows for topping. Continue to cook, stirring, until all marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Transfer cereal mixture to prepared 8x8 pan, while still warm, top with remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Let cool completely then, using foil to lift, remove bars from pan, remove foil and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more bars the kids will love?