Peanut Butter Blondie Bars-with peanut butter chips and mini chocolate chips!
Is there any better combination than Peanut Butter and Chocolate? I think not. I’ve always been in love with peanut butter. As a kid I’d come home from school and just grab a spoon, the peanut butter jar and sit in front of the TV watching cartoons.
Now as an adult, I’ll grab the crackers and peanut butter for a quick lunch or snack to get me through till dinner.
I haven’t found a wrong way to enjoy this combination yet.
Making Peanut Butter Blondies just sort of happened. And it happened almost a year ago. My youngest wanted a snack for her school class to celebrate her birthday. I didn’t want to make the usual cupcakes. I’ve done that too many times. And I wanted to make something that would survive a bus ride home if the kids decided they wanted to take their treats home.
These were a big hit, all the kids loved them!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine butter, sugars and peanut butter, beating till well combined.
- Add in vanilla and eggs, beat again.
- Slowly add in flour mixture, being sure to scrape down sides of bowl while mixing.
- Fold in peanut butter chips and 3/4 cup chocolate chips, reserving about 1/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top.
- Gently spread dough into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle remaining mini chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Need more bar recipes in your life?