Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars -just a few ingredients in these simple-to-make bars will give you the energy to get through the day! I can’t believe it’s almost school time again. My kids go back August 3. Where does the summer go?
We’re so excited for kids to get out of school, then a week or 2 later, we’re ready for them to go back. Then when we realize it’s time to go back, we’re not ready.
My kids are ready (or they will be once we finish school shopping.) They miss their friends, the teachers and all the extra activity.
My middle child, Cassie, is already doing band camp. I drop her off at 7:15 am to catch the bus to the high school, then don’t pick her back up until 4:30. These are the “short” days. Once school starts, it’s out of the house by 6am and home around 6pm. Too long in my opinion but that’s a conversation for another day.
My kids like to take a sack lunch, even if they are buying lunch at school. Part of it will get eaten on the ride to school, some between classes (hidden behind a locker door), and if there’s anything left, it’ll get eaten between school and after-school practice.
This is a typical lunch for my kids. Mostly healthy. A sandwich, some fruit, carrot or celery sticks, a yogurt, something sweet like these granola bars, water (we partially freeze the water so it acts as an ice pack as well as a drink) and Shamrock Farms Chocolate on-the-go mmmmilk.
It looks like a lot but not for a 12-hour day. And some of it might be shared with friends. Except the chocolate milk. My kids won’t part with it. My kids can never get enough milk so being able to pack these handy on-the-go bottles makes life easy.
Shamrock Farms mmmmilk is reduced fat and provides 25% of the daily recommended value of protein. Perfect to pair with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, providing that boost of energy to get my kids through the day.
I like to cut my bars into rectangles instead of squares. There’s just something fun about it. And they’re easier to eat. Less crumbs.
Perfect for lunch or a snack.
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add oats, nuts and chocolate chips and stir until oats are completely coated.
- Gently press mixture into a greased 8x8 square baking pan. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 15 minutes, just until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airthight container.
Line baking pan with parchment paper for ease in removing from pan.
You can find Shamrock Farms on-the-go mmmmilk at Walmarts across the country for just $1.00. Choose whole white, chocolate or strawberry!
To celebrate back to school, Shamrock Farms is launching Roxie’s Ultimate Back-To-School Sweepstakes. One lucky winner will receive nearly $5,000 ($4,999) in gift cards to stock up on back-to-school supplies, groceries and a new wardrobe. You can enter online at www.shamrockfarms.net/walmart from now until August 20.
Connect with Shamrock Farms: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
Want more great snacks to pack for lunch?
Banana Rolls from Shamrock Farms
Fruit Bars from Shamrock Farms
Fruit Kabobs from Shamrock Farms
Healthy S’more from Shamrock Farms
What are your go-to snack ideas for lunch? Leave a comment below to enter for a chance to win a $100 Walmart gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the email@example.com email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/27/15 – 9/4/15.
Be sure to visit the Shamrock Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of BlogHer and Shamrock Farms, all opinions are my own and I only share things I truly love.