Salted Nut Candy Bars-you’ll love the sweet, salty combination of these candy bars, just a few ingredients, no-bake and they make a great gift for the holidays!
Some things are just simple. Like when you’re cleaning out the pantry (really, you’re looking for a box of Rice-a-roni so you don’t have to go to the store for dinner) and you come across a big can of peanuts. Who knows why I originally bought them. I prefer dry roasted peanuts to nibble on.
They’re still fresh so best thing to do is make something with them (before they get shoved to the back again.)
I quick internet search for peanut recipes and I come across this recipe for Salted Nut Squares. I had all the ingredients on hand and it only takes about 15 minutes to throw together.
Let me tell you. If you’ve ever had the Peanut Butter Cornflake Cereal Bars-this is the peanut butter stuff part! Only really thick. And soft, and peanutty.
The actual peanuts, they’re just there to hold it all together. So your fingers don’t get sticky. Oh, and they provide just the right balance, that is, the salty part.
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
- 3 cups salted cocktail peanuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line an 11x7 baking dish with parchment paper. Spread half the peanuts evenly in bottom of the pan.
- Melt butter and peanut butter chips in a 2 quart saucepan over low heat. Once completely melted, add marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk.While stirring, continue to heat until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over peanuts in pan then sprinkle remaining peanuts over top, evenly. Gently press peanuts into mixture to secure.
- Cover pan and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Use parchment paper to lift bars out of pan and cut into 1 inch x 2 inch bars. Store in an airtight container.
Want more peanutty treats?
Cracker Toffee Peanut Butter Cups from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Scotcharoos from Or Whatever You Do
Snickers Peanut Butter Oreo Pie from Beyond Frosting
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bundt Cake from Roxana’s Home Baking
Peanut Butter Cup Bars from Sprinkle Some Sugar