Homemade Candy Corn Butterfingers, just 3 ingredients and it really does taste just like a Butterfinger Candy Bar!
I found this recipe back when I first started blogging. There’s nothing better than homemade candy. However, when you get a candy thermometer involved, there’s lots of room for error. So even though I found an amazing recipe for homemade butterfingers, this shortcut recipe is the one I keep coming back to every year.
Just 3 ingredients-candy corn candy, peanut butter and melted chocolate candy melts.
I’ve developed some shortcuts along the way. Not really short cuts, how can you have a short cut with just 3 ingredients, but tips that make making this candy easier.
I use my favorite Batter Bowl because holding a handle is always easier than holding the side of a bowl. And just because the candy corn is melted, doesn’t mean it’s not still hard to stir.
I also warm my peanut butter before adding it. Yes, it’s something extra to wash, but the warm peanut butter does stir in better.
When I spread out my candy mixture, I just do it on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Like my 3 Minute Fudge, it’s easier to cut and those little edges and corners are my reward to nibble on while covering the full sized bars with chocolate.
Oh, and cut the candy while it’s still warm, then let it cool completely before covering with melted chocolate.
Playing with melted chocolate is messy. Go with it. To get the swirl effect on the top of your candy, just smudge it with the back of a spoon.
You can always trim your candy bars once they’re dry with a knife.
Not as good as the candy bar you get at the store but really close and they’re fun to make.
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
- 3 cups candy corn candy
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 ounces chocolate almond bark or candy melts
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place Candy Corn in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat candy corn in microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until candy is completely melted. Heat for addition time, in 15 second intervals, if needed. In my microwave, it is a total of 1 minute, 45 seconds.
- Once candy corn is melted, heat peanut butter in microwave for 25-30 seconds until runny. Stir peanut butter into melted candy corn until completely incorporated.
- Turn out onto baking sheet and press down to about 3/4 inch thickness (8x8-inch square.) While candy is still soft, cut into 1x2 inch bars. Let candy cool for 1 hour.
- Line a second baking sheet with waxed paper. Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip each bar into melted chocolate, coating to cover completely. Place on waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container.
How about some more fun treats!