Microwave Rocky Road Candy-Peanuts marshmallows and Chocolate, how can it be wrong?
Are you a rocky road fan? To be honest I only really have it as part of ice cream. It’s the marshmallows. I’m not a big fan of them raw. I know, how do I call them raw. It’s not like a carrot or meat or something that must be cooked. Most people I know will eat marshmallows, one after the other, right out of the bag. My kids do it. I have to hide marshmallows if I want to make something with them (like this Rocky Road Candy) because the marshmallow bag is just to easy to cart off and start snacking on.
Now when you use marshmallows as part of something else, like a rice krispie treat or in hot chocolate, then it’s another story. Then marshmallows move way up the food chain.
And when you use an entire bag of them to make candy, you know it’s going to be amazing!
Peanuts, marshmallows and chocolate.
Oh yeah, when you put them all together you get a candy that will disappear almost faster than you can make it. My kids came home from school and didn’t even bother to ask if they could have some. They just dove right in. Luckily, I had already gotten the photos so I was good with it.
Happy kids makes for a happy house!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 7 cups mini marshmallows (10 ounce bag)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
- Place peanuts and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl, toss to mix them up. Set aside.
- In a 4 cup microwaveable measuring cup or bowl, add chocolate chips, butter and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on high for 90 seconds, remove and stir then microwave again for another 90 seconds. remove form microwave and stir until chocolate chips are completely melted. Let cool for 5 minutes then stir into marshmallows/peanuts until all are coated.
- Spread into prepared pan and chill for 2 hours in refrigerator. Cut into squares.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Need more easy treats?