Chewy Bars-Similar to a blondie but loaded with pecans and chocolate chips!
OK, I have to say, These are really called Chewy Bread. But I have no idea why, this is a sweet bar.
More like a Blonde and very easy to make.
Remember all that self-rising flour I bought? This was another recipe that had a million zillion versions when I did a recipe search.
All had the basic ingredients, butter, flour, brown sugar, eggs.
Most had nuts.
A few had Chocolate chips.
You know which one I chose…
adapted from Cooks.com
- 1 box (2 cups) light brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine Brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Make sure it's blended well. Add flour, 1 cup at a time making sure batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 pan.
- Smooth out to the corners. Your batter will be thicker than cake batter but thinner than most brownie batter.
- Sprinkle on your nuts, Then your chocolate chips.
- Most of the recipes I saw said to press chips and nuts down into the batter. I just tapped my pan on the counter a few times to make them sink in a bit.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting and eating.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more bar recipes?