Chewy Bars-Similar to a blondie but loaded with pecans and chocolate chips!
OK, I have to say, These are really called Chewy Bread. But I have no idea why, this is a sweet bar.
More like a Blonde and very easy to make.
Remember all that self-rising flour I bought? This was another recipe that had a million zillion versions when I did a recipe search.
All had the basic ingredients, butter, flour, brown sugar, eggs.
Most had nuts.
A few had Chocolate chips.
You know which one I chose…
adapted from Cooks.com
- 1 box (2 cups) light brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine Brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Make sure it's blended well. Add flour, 1 cup at a time making sure batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 pan.
- Smooth out to the corners. Your batter will be thicker than cake batter but thinner than most brownie batter.
- Sprinkle on your nuts, Then your chocolate chips.
- Most of the recipes I saw said to press chips and nuts down into the batter. I just tapped my pan on the counter a few times to make them sink in a bit.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting and eating.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more bar recipes?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cracker Bars
Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Bars
Leave a Reply