Seven Layer magic Bars-the bar that started all the magic!
We’re all friends here so I know I can confess my mistakes to you. We’re all going to have a good laugh about this one.
I can try to blame this on my dyslexia, which I did have as a kid. Honestly, I had so much trouble with it that I was held back in 1st grade because I couldn’t read. Luckily, I got some help along the way and now I’m an avid reader. So don’t feel bad for me. That’s not what the story is about.
But I still reverse letters all the time. I’m constantly typing “form” when I mean “from”. I try to blame it on typing too fast. And of course because “form” still a real word, spell check won’t catch it.
So on Facebook today, I posted a recipe for Margarita Bars from my friend Paula at Call Me PMc. But I didn’t proof read the post before I hit Post. And then I went on and did some non-computer things. So I was off the computer.
If you want to get attention on Facebook, just transpose a few letters and change Bars to Bras. Margarita Bras. Yup. That’s what I posted.
So many fans caught my mistake and had some fun with it, I know they were laughing with me and not at me. It was fun reading the comments-
“I think someone has already had one too many margarita BRAS!!”
“Nothing like a margarita bra to make a person’s day!!!”
“One Too Many Bras for you today lol lol ”
“Thanks for the laugh, never had a margarita bra ”
“Must have had one to many shots of tequila when baking… Cute typo”
I love that I can laugh with my fans. Because, honestly, if you can’t laugh at your mistakes…well, that’s just a mistake in it self.
So in honor of Bra Bars everywhere, I’m sharing these Seven Layer Magic Bars. These are truly one of my favorite bars. I love every single layer. And they are so easy to make. These are the basis for every other layer bar out there.
Just start with the crust and keep layering until it’s time for the sweetened condensed milk. And that milk-it just binds it all together. Into a scrumptious bar.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (the whole bag)
- 1-1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper fir ease in removing bars after baking for cutting.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until evenly moistened. press crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan to form the crust.
- Layer the chocolate chips, pecans, peanut butter chips, and then coconut evenly over entire pan.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top of the coconut layer until completely covered and all of the milk is used.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, just until coconut starts to turn golden on edges. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more bars?