Strawberry Cheesecake Crumb bars-the delicious taste of Strawberry Cheesecake surrounded by a sweet crumb bar!
We’re in full swing strawberry season here and I’m loving it! There are so many great recipes using strawberries and I want to make them all!
Pies, Cakes, Ice Cream, Jellies, Bars. Where to start first?
With our first batch of strawberries, after eating at least a pound just straight from the field, I made 3 desserts.
I made a Strawberry Cobbler (I’ll share that with you soon) some Strawberry Ice Cream and these bars. Oh and I also made French Toast with an amazing Strawberry Syrup.
These bars were at the top of my list. I love cheesecake. I love cheesecake bars. And when you add in the sweetest, fresh picked strawberries…lets just say, these didn’t last long at all.
The great thing about this recipe is you can adjust it to your personal tastes. If you love the cheesecake center, double that part of the recipe. Want more strawberries? Go ahead, add them. This bar is sturdy enough to take a little extra on the inside.
Oh and the crumb topping? you’ll be trying to get every last crumb off your plate!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- To make the crust-Using a pastry blender (or a food processor) combine crust ingredients until crumbly. Press 2/3 of crumb mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Reserving the remaining 1/3 for the topping.
- Cream together cream cheese, cornstarch, vanilla and sugar until smooth and creamy. Gently spread cream cheese mixture over bottom crust layer.
- Layer sliced strawberries over cream cheese and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes, just until top crumb is golden. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more bars?