Magic Christmas Bars-Magic bars also known as Seven Layer bars all dressed up for the Holidays
Do you ever wander around the grocery store with a list. Intent on only getting those items that are on your list and nothing extra? I always take a list when I go shopping. I have a different list for each store I shop at. I know where the best prices are for things like toilet paper (Dollar General) Meats (my local Freshway first thing in the morning) Butter (Kroger when they have a sale.) For my big run it’s always to Walmart. Milk, eggs, flour, sugar, the usual stuff on the list. I wander around the store before heading to the grocery section, especially this time of year.
Finally in the food area, I go slowly down the baking isle. There might be something new I need to have. Or chocolate chips might be on sale. You can never have enough chocolate chips. Just before Thanksgiving, they put out all the holiday baking items. I’m such a sucker, a big display, and these Holiday Morsels are just calling to me. Red and Green Chips, mixed in with semi-sweet. Luckily, only 2 bags jumped into my cart. Home and put away, I forgot about them. Until today.
I was all set to make something else, I had the idea in my head, I was excited about it. Then I saw these chips. Christmas is next week. I have to do something with them. I could have just whipped up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies but I was in a bar mood. Then it hit me, Seven Layer Bars, I’ll just change up the layers.
I go through the cabinets, pull out what I need and 40 minutes later, I’m tapping my foot waiting for these to cool off so I can have one. I finally went and did some laundry, made another batch of bars (I’ll share those with you next week) Made a few lists for my big shopping trip tomorrow. Finally. Cool enough to cut and try. These bars are perfect for the holidays. A warning, they are super sweet but my family all said they were amazing and don’t change a thing.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Magic Christmas Bars
- 2 cups crushed vanilla cookies (I used imitation Vanilla wafers)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
- 1 bag Holiday chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 bag Holiday M&Ms
- 1 cans sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray or grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine crushed cookies, cocoa and butter till combined and cookie crumbs are moist. Spread evenly in bottom of pan, pressing down to form a crust.
- Now start layering the rest of the ingredients. Holiday Morsels, Pecans, White chocolate chips and most of the M&Ms. I kept out about a handful to sprinkle on after the milk. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the entire pan, make sure to cover all the nooks and crannies. Sprinkle remaining M&Ms on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, just until milk begins to turn golden. Let cool completely before cutting.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
I love all the color in these bars!
And here are a few more holiday treats!