Chocolate decorator Cookies-use Royal Icing, frosting or even melted chocolate to decorate these easy to make cookies.
But what caught my eye was they were chocolate! And she found the recipe over at Lila Loa. See how good bloggers are, we share recipes! Lila has perfected the chocolate cookie with The End All for Chocolate Cookies Recipe.
The End All? Well now I just HAVE to try it.
from Lila Loa
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's)
- 3 or 3 1/2 cups flour ****
- Of course, make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Cream Butter, shortening and sugar together. Next add eggs and vanilla. Mix. Then your salt and baking powder. Mix again. And your cocoa. Mix.
- Now for the flour, (BTW, I sifted mine.) Start with 2 cups of flour, mix till combined then add remaining flour and finish mixing.
- Now just roll out on a lightly floured surface. I rolled to about 1/4 inch thickness, maybe a little thinner. Use cutters and cut into desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased or parchment lined or silicone mat baking tray. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 6 1/2 minutes. Watch them, my oven runs high so I took them out at 6 minutes.
- Remove to racks and let cool completely before decorating.
****Lila has a note about how much flour to use depending on if you are refrigerating your dough. I was nervous so I compromised and used 3 1/4 cup flour.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
This recipe is fast, a short baking time, I was able to whip it up and cook the entire batch in about an hour.
Now you can eat these plain.
drizzle some chocolate over them.
I recently made these decorator cookies into bats for Halloween. The bats were kind of plain so I sandwiched some Cherry Jam Buttercream in the middle and glued two eyes on with dark chocolate.
And I have to say, these cookies are delicious anyway you decide to serve them. I do want to try them with the Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa next though. I bet it’ll taste just like an Oreo.
Want some more cookies to decorate?
Red Velvet Cookies from A Treats Affair
Frosted Maple Leaf Cookies from Tutti Dolci
White Chocolate Oatmeal Walnut Cookies from Sweet Bella Roos
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!