Honestly, very little of it stays in our house which is a good thing for my waistline. Except for these cookies. They are not allowed to be shared. I’m surprised he lets the kids have any.
Such a simple cookie, but it allows the flavors of the butter and the pecans to truly shine through. I’ll make these 3 or 4 times before Christmas Eve. I even freeze the dough so all I have to do is let it thaw a bit then roll and bake.
I even caught hubby last night tipping the empty cookie container to get the last of the crumbs out. I’ll bake him more this weekend. After he puts together the new bookcase we just got.
This was originally a guest post for my dear friend Roxana of Roxana’s Home Baking. She’s Doing 25 Days of Christmas Cookies. I was so honored she asked me to contribute.
If you follow me on Pinterest, you’ve probably been seeing some great cookie ideas being pinned like Hot Chocolate Cookies and Poinsettia Cookies, Nutella Eggnog Cookies and Candy Cane S’mores. be sure to check all her amazing creations.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ground nuts, pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar for rolling
- Beat butter till creamy, add in sugar and beat again.
- Add remaining vanilla, flour, salt and nuts, mix well. Dough will be crumbly. Chill dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll dough in to 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten them (just so they don’t roll around) Bake for 12 minutes.
- Roll cookies while still warm in confectioners sugar, let cool completely then roll in the sugar for a second coating.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want some more cookies for the holidays?
and if you still need more