Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies-full of malt flavor, these cookies are thin, soft and chewy.
So I painted my kitchen, dining, and living rooms. I promise I’ll share photos soon. But I also discovered while moving everything around, that I have a mouse. Or Mice. So far, we’ve caught 2 of them. I hope that’s all of them. I’m not a fan of rodents. Those beady little eyes, that skinny tail. Nope, not me, not even in a cage at the pet store.
The presence of these little creatures caused me to go on a all out cleaning spree. Pulling everything out of cabinets. Wiping down shelves. Inspecting every box for teeth marks. Anything suspicious was tossed. Without a second thought.
I really should clean out my cabinets more often. Especially those large corner cabinets. Those are my catch all cabinets. Don’t have room for it anywhere else. Shove it in there. Big things like the coffee can. Yup, you’ll find my coffee in that cabinet. Vases, Ziplock Bags, water bottles, popsicle molds, marshmallows. They really are the catch all cabinets.
And Malted milk powder. I’d completely forgotten I had any left. It had been pushed behind the marshmallows, the jar holding the straws, the plastic silverware, the paper plates. It was all the way in the back. It didn’t even belong there but I probably was trying to hide it from the kids.
If you’ve never had malted milk, you are missing out. I think of it as a candied powdered milk. Stir it into a glass of milk, add it to milk shakes or homemade ice cream. It’s sweet but not overly sweet. It’s hard to describe but the taste is amazing. And it also comes in Chocolate flavor!
Adding Malted Milk to cookies not only creates a unique flavor but it also makes for a chewy soft cookie. Thin and stackable, you’ll have to watch out or you’ll find yourself eating 5 or 6 of them!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in eggs and beat again.
- Add in vanilla and malted milk powder, beating until all combined.
- Stir together flour, salt and baking soda and then add to your batter. Once all combined, stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough by rounded tablespoons (I use a medium cookie scoop) onto ungreased baking sheet 3 inches apart. these cookies spread, alot. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes, just until edges start to golden.
- Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
My favorite products for making perfect cookies every time
Want more cookies?