Cocoa Ginger Crisps-the flavor combination will amaze you!
I love ginger snaps,
hubby hates ginger.
I love chocolate,
hubby loves chocolate (although not as much.)
And I still have this wonderful cookbook.
This is a great one for making the dough ahead of time then refrigerate or freeze it until ready to bake. Nothing is better than warm cookies fresh out of the oven!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Cocoa Ginger Crisps
Not overpowering, simple with just the slight hint of ginger, hubby didn’t even notice till I told him.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons plus 1 1/4 teaspoons Hershey's Cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, 1 cup sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup; beat until well blended. Stir together flour, 6 tablespoons cocoa, baking soda, ginger and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow bowl, stir together remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/4 teaspoon cocoa. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in sugar-cocoa mixture to coat.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies flatten. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more great cookie recipes?