Chocolate Peanut Butter Cracker Bars-a great no-bake treat!
Can we talk about eating? Really, eating habits.
I’m not a breakfast eater. Breakfast for me is usually just a couple of cups of coffee, while I try to get some work done first thing in the morning. It’s one of the downfalls of working from home. I know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I try to instill this in my kids but….I’m a bad example.
This isn’t something new. I’ve always been a breakfast skipper. I remember in High School, catching a ride with my best friend, every morning, we’d stop in at the local convenience store and grab a quick cup of coffee, some donuts and when needed, fill the tank up with $5.00 of gas. Yeah, I know I just dated myself big time. I don’t think we actually filled up the tank, but I contributed $5.00 a week towards the gas and we never seemed to run out. These days, that would only pay for one round trip to the local high school.
I’m not much better at lunch. If I’m still in the groove, I don’t want to stop what I’m doing to sit down for a real meal. Plus, I have this thing about eating alone. I don’t like to do it. Never have. So when hunger pangs start to hit around 2pm, I’ll pop into the kitchen and find something quick to nibble on.
My favorite stand by is Peanut Butter and Crackers. I probably have them at least twice (ok, it’s all about being honest here so three times) a week. I’ve even dipped them in Chocolate. OMG, are they good that way!
It was only a matter of time for me to take my beloved Peanut Butter Crackers to the next level and turn them into a bar.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cracker Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter, divided
- 3 cups crushed crackers (I use Ritz, about 2 1/2 sleeves)
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- Combine 1 cup peanut butter and butter in mixing bowl, blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in crushed crackers and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Press peanut butter mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- In a small sauce pan, melt remaining chocolate chips with 1/4 cup peanut butter over low heat until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour. Cut into bars. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe Source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
need more Peanut Butter and Chocolate together?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake Cups
Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Bars
Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Chocolate Bark
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluffernutter Mug Cake
And if you still need more-Chocolate and Peanut Butter Covered…everything!
Leave a Reply