Magic Turtle Bars-Chocolate, Caramel and Pecans, come together in this fabulous Magic Bar
I wouldn’t trade a moment of it. The house still needs to be put back in shape, the decorations now need to be taken down and stored. I am making everyone eat leftovers, so at least I’m getting out of preparing “new” meals. Besides, our turkey was to die for and we also had a ham so there’s plenty! I’d like to tell you we still have plenty of sweets around but, the supply is quickly dwindling.
In addition to making my family eat leftovers the past 3 nights, I also hid these bars from them. Well, not exactly hid, but I did put them in a solid (not see through) container, in the back, behind all the other treats. Technically, I might have buried them, just so I could keep them for myself. You can’t blame me. Chocolate, caramel and pecans, the greatest combination ever! No one suffered. I made sure they had the Magic Christmas Bars, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Grandma’s Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookie Cups, and tons of Bark.
Sometimes you just have to keep something out for yourself. Just the really good stuff.
You can make these with just one bag of the caramel bits, but, really, why would you want to?
Magic Turtle Bars
- 2 cups crushed vanilla cookies (I used imitation Vanilla wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
- 2 bags semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 bags Kraft Caramel Bits
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cans sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray or grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine crushed cookies and butter till combined and cookie crumbs are moist. Spread evenly in bottom of pan, pressing down to form a crust.
- Now start layering the rest of the ingredients. 1 bag chocolate chips, caramel bits, pecans (save out about 1/4 cup for the top), second bag of chocolate chips, remaining pecans.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the entire pan, make sure to cover all the nooks and crannies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, just until milk begins to turn golden. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Store in airtight container. If you choose to refrigerate these bars, bring them back to room temperature before eating.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Leave a Reply