3 Minute Fudge
Just 3 Minutes and 3 ingredients to rich, creamy fudge that will melt in your mouth!
There are times you just crave chocolate. Chocolate Fudge. You want it now. Not in a few hours. And it’s summer. It’s hot. I really don’t want to spend any more time in the kitchen than I have to.
Now that doesn’t mean you can’t make this fudge any time of the year. It would make a great gift for family and friends during the holidays. Or a last minute (literally) addition to a party spread or potluck.
This is all you need. Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk) Chocolate chips and some vanilla extract. You could also change out the vanilla for another extract to create unique flavor combinations. Think mint, almond or orange.
Use a large microwave safe bowl. I love using my Large Batter Bowl because of the handle. And I have to mention my pretty Gir Spatula. I have it in several colors. And sizes. I use them for everything.
Anyway, place your chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in your bowl. Heat for 1 minute on high in the microwave. Then stir.
And stir. If needed, heat for an additional time, at 30 second intervals. Until smooth and chips are completely melted. Stir in extract then pour into a prepared pan.
I like to line my pans with parchment paper so I can lift out the fudge and cut on a cutting board instead of in the pan.
Oh, and I don’t spread out my fudge to the corners of the pan. I like the fudge shop look. (and all those little corner slices become my taste testing bites!)
3 Minute Fudge with just 3 ingredients.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 cups (1 12 ounce bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a square pan and line with parchment paper for easy removal of set fudge. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe 2 quart bowl, heat chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir to combine. If needed, heat an additional 30 seconds. Stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Pour fudge into prepared pan. Let fudge cool completely before cutting into 1 inch squares. (you can place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to speed up the process.)
- Store in an airtight container. Fudge does not need to be kept refrigerated.
This is a soft fudge but some readers have asked for tips to make sure it sets properly.
1) Did you use sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk? Evaporated milk DOES NOT WORK for this recipe. This is the number 1 mistake in this recipe.
2) If you used sweetened condensed milk and it's still too soft, you can either store it in the refrigerator or add an additional 1/4 cup chocolate chips the next time you make it.
3) one reader stated that using a metal spoon (as opposed to a wooden spoon or spatula) helped her fudge set. Not sure why that works but you can give that a try too.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is provided as a guide only. Please consult a dietitian if you have specific dietary needs.
Want more fudge?