Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge-same great taste you love as ice cream in a creamy melt in your mouth fudge!
One of the easiest candies to make is fudge. There are several recipes out there but basically there are 2 camps. Fudge made with marshmallow fluff and fudge made with sweetened condensed milk. They are both equally good recipes.
I usually go with the sweetened condensed milk. Mainly because as much as I love the marshmallow fluff version, the sweetened condensed milk is faster and easier. No candy thermometer, no standing over the stove. Melt some chocolate chips, decide on a flavor, press into your pan and a few hours later you are eating your fudge!
This time of year, my freezer space is at a premium. I’m baking ahead for the holidays. There might be a turkey in there. I pick up meats when there’s a good sale and stock up. And did I mention the 170 pounds of unshelled pecans I bought last week? My girls have done awesome cleaning them and getting them bagged up. I won’t have 170 pounds of shelled pecans when they’re done but I’ll still have a ton of pecans. So far, I’ve frozen 10 gallon bags worth. And they’re not done yet.
So I need to make room. It’s amazing what you find in the back of the freezer when you have to clean it out. We might have had a smorgasbord of appetizers that night for dinner. Pizza rolls, hot pockets, taquitos, french fries. All those almost empty bags and boxes. No one complained.
Then there was the ice cream. Yes, I found 4 almost empty half gallon containers. All different flavors. When the weather cools off, you forget about the ice cream. Sadly there was none of my favorite, Mint Chocolate Chip. The kids suffered through eating up the ice cream too. (The sacrifices they make for me.) I got to craving my Mint Chocolate Chip. So I made it into a fudge.
And it’s amazing. And addicting. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge
- 3 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 teaspoons mint extract (not peppermint)
- green food coloring
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- Line an 8x8 square pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave white chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute. Let rest for 1 minute then check to see if melted. If needed microwave for another 30-45 seconds. Stir chocolate until all lumps are gone.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and mint extract. Add food coloring to desired color. Once completely incorporated, let cool for a few minutes then fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Press fudge into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining mini chocolate chips on top and gently press into fudge.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to set before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Want more Fudge?
White Chocolate Fudge with Cranberries and Pistachios
Buckeye Fudge from Barefeet in the Kitchen
Key Lime Fudge from Recipegirl
Winter White Red Velvet Fudge from The Cafe Sucre Farine
Leave a Reply