The Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins-perfect with your morning coffee or as an afternoon snack.
My thoughts and prayers are with the entire town of Newtown, CT. Many bloggers are looking for a way to show support. A group of bloggers have come up with Cookies and Crafts for Sandy Hook. You can read all the details here. I’ll be participating. I know we all want to do something, anything, to ease the suffering this town is dealing with.
We spent Sunday making muffins. We made more of my Coffeehouse Coffee Cake Muffins, we made Blueberry Muffins (recipe coming soon) and we made these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins. The grandkids will be arriving Friday and instead of stocking the cabinets with pop tarts, we’re stocking the freezer with muffins. Still the convenience of a grab and go breakfast or snack but so much better tasting than anything out of a box. Just pop one in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and it’s like it’s fresh out of the oven all over again.
Most of them made it to the freezer, most of them. Hopefully there’ll still be some in the freezer on Friday, if not, we’ll just have to make more.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 2/3 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's)
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Whisk together cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and coffee in a large mixing bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or medium bowl combine remaining ingredients except melted butter. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir until moistened, add in melted butter and stir till all combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin, comes out clean. Let rest in muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool. Serve warm or cooled. These muffins also freeze well.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
adapted from King Arthur Flour
How about some more breakfast ideas?