Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Muffins, so good you’ll think you’re eating a cookie for breakfast!
Muffins make a great go-to breakfast in our house. They’re portable. No silverware required. No plate or bowl really, just a napkin if you want to be uncivilized (or maybe lazy and not have to wash any dishes.) We love baking up different varieties and then freezing them. Makes it so easy for everyone to get what they want.
I did a Muffin Round Up from around the web and This Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe from Michelle’s Tasty Creations has been calling to me ever since.
Maybe it’s because the graham cracker is in the muffin but also part of the streusel topping. Like a graham cracker crust but on top. And I love Graham cracker crusts!
Maybe because I just look for any excuse to get more chocolate into my breakfast. And hey, there are studies out there that say chocolate can be healthy for you, you I know I’m grasping at straws to justify my craving for these muffins.
You have to trust me on this and make up a batch of these muffins. I promise, it won’t be your last one.
Unless you can control yourself. Good luck with that!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers, 1 sleeve will work for both the batter and the topping
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease or line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine topping ingredients until moist and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, graham crackers and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir in to dry ingredients.
- Stir chocolate chips into prepared batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Place a healthy spoonful of topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let muffins rest for 10 minutes before removing from tin.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Coffee House Coffee Cake Muffins
Leave a Reply