Sausage Cheese Muffins-a tasty savory muffin for a quick, on the go, breakfast!
So, the kids are back in school. It’s been a full week now. We’re getting our routine down. Getting up at 5:00 am sucks.
I am NOT a morning person. It doesn’t matter how early I go to bed, early mornings are just not my thing. School mornings at my house Are wake up. Make sure the two older kids are awake. They then crawl out of bed, hop in the shower and out the door to catch the bus.
If breakfast isn’t something they can grab and eat on the way out, they don’t want it. That makes muffins one of the most popular breakfasts in our house. I’m always looking for new muffin recipes, especially ones that aren’t just sweet. I found this recipe over at Plain Chicken. Such a simple recipe. I didn’t need to change anything. I had all the ingredients on hand.
These Sausage Cheese Muffins are a favorite for my middle child. The spicy sausage, the cheesy soup combine to make a muffin full of flavor.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 pound ground hot sausage
- 3 cups Bisquick or Homemade Biscuit mix
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can Condensed Nacho Cheese Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a skillet, brown sausage over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain and set aside to cool.
- I a large mixing bowl, combine biscuit mix, Cheese and cooked sausage, stirring with a fork to mix.
- Whisk together soup and milk then stir into dry ingredients, mixing just until everything is moist.
- Spoon batter into greased (or paper lined) muffin tins, about 3/4 full. I use a Large cookie scoop.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing. If muffin is sticking, use a plastic knife, run blade around edge of muffin and pop out.
You can also use condensed Cheddar Cheese soup, both soup flavors make a great muffin.
These muffins freeze well.
recipe source ChocolateChocoalteandmore.com
Want more Muffins?