Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oat Muffins-Bittersweet chocolate and tart Cranberries make for a tasty muffin!
You know I love to make muffins for the kids. It’s one of those made from mom, I cared enough to make sure you have a good breakfast foods, that they can grab on the run.
I have 2 children that love Cranberries. They will fight over the cranberry jelly and the cranberry casserole at holidays. My youngest can sit on the sofa, after school and eat an entire bag of Crasins. I knew these muffins would be a huge hit with them.
I originally shared this over at Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen. She was one of my first foodie friends and she’s amazing. She’s even written her own cookbook! While over at Carrie’s be sure to check out her Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake, her Cappucino Chocolate Biscotti and her Oatmeal Toffee Cookies. Oh, and you can also find my Cinnamon Swirl Bread there.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, then add buttermilk and oil, beat again until well combined.
- Using a fork, stir egg mixture into flour, and stir just until all dry ingredients are wet. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, just until tops turn golden.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more breakfast ideas?