Brown Sugar Muffins-made with brown butter and cinnamon, then topped with a brown sugar glaze, these muffins will melt in your Mouth!
School has already started here. I’ve got 2 in High School and one in Middle School. The days start early. I mean really early. The 2 in high school have to catch the bus at 5:45 am. Yes, that’s what I said. 15 minutes before 6am. That means we are up in my house by 5am.
I need to get my coffee before I can start dealing with cranky teenagers. Then it’s time to get them out of bed. The girl is easy. She’s a morning person. She’ll be lying awake in bed just waiting for me to pop my head in with a good morning. She’ll hop off and jump right in the shower. Even in the winter, when it’s still cold!
The boy, on the other hand is a night owl. But he’s impressed my this year. Getting up before I do, he’s showing responsibility. He’s growing up. Makes a Mama proud.
And of course, Grace gets an extra half hour before she has to get up so no problem there. Compared to the other 2, she’s been sleeping in.
Having muffins available for breakfast makes life easy. They can relax and eat it at the table while watching cartoons (yes they still watch cartoons) or if they’re running behind, take one to go.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
for the glaze
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- place milk in microwave for 20 seconds to remove chill then whisk together milk, egg, egg yolk, vanilla and butter.
- Form a well in your dry ingredients then pour milk mixture into well. stir with a fork until all ingredients are wet. fold in chopped pecans.
- Spoon batter into paper lined or greased muffin tins. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If making mini muffins, bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make glaze, mix together brown sugar and milk. Drizzle over muffins and let glaze set before storing.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more easy ideas for breakfast?