Easy Braided Raspberry Cheese Danish-use your favorite fruit and surprise your family with this easy to make Braided danish!
Valentine’s Day is almost here. I’m seeing pink and read treats everywhere I look. I always like to make things that I’d make year round and not just for one holiday. After all, I don’t want to have to wait an entire year to have it again. especially when it’s good.
I love things that look amazing but are really easy to make. And of course taste fabulous. I’ve always got sweets in the house so my kids have turned into food critics. If it’s not amazing, they will take a taste and keep on moving. They know there will be something else coming soon. The downfall of having a mom be a food blogger. A mom that is always making sweets.
Now before I give you the full details on this Cheese Danish, I want to give you a few other easy ideas for Valentines.
You don’t have to always make something from scratch to make it special. My daughter and her boyfriend loved gobbling up these Sweetheart Cinnamon Rolls. And so easy! After these rolls, they didn’t mind my hanging out in the kitchen while they watched a movie in the living room. (Chaperones that bake up treats aren’t as annoying as ones that just sit there in the room with you. )
Serve it on a cake platter with some fresh fruit. It’s amazing what using a few “fancy” dishes does to the ordinary into something special.
And these Valentines Cookie Pops! I thought for sure, my older two would just pass these by. Being in high school and all. I thought the youngest would love them. No way! When the kids came home, they all zeroed right in.
Add a treat bag and some ribbon, perfect for a class party or just to make your kids feel loved. Trust me, even a 16 year old boy will love these cookies on a stick!
As for this Cheese Danish, It’s just too easy to make. Any time you have the craving, or want to wow your family. Or let them know you think they’re amazing, make this cheese danish.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 can Pillsbury Seamless Crescent Dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh raspberries
for the icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (lemon would also be amazing)
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk
- Cream together cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Unroll Crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, starting on one long side of your dough, cut slits about 3/4 inch apart, cutting 1/3 of the way into the dough. Repeat on opposite side. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly down the center of your dough. Place raspberries evenly down the center of the dough, staggering from side to center to side of the cream cheese strip.
- Starting at one end, fold over cut strips to create your braid. alternating sides with each fold.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare your icing, mix together sugar, vanilla and milk till smooth. If your icing is still thick, add a bit more milk. Drizzle over cooled danish.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Using the Pillsbury Seamless Crescent dough makes this tasty treat come together in just minutes. If you can’t find the crescent dough in your store ( I can only get it on base right now but I’m hoping my local Kroger and Publix will start carrying it soon!) use regular crescent roll dough. Just unroll the dough, pinch the seams together then proceed as the recipe states.
Want more easy recipes to wow your family?
I was compensated by Pillsbury for this post but as always, all opinions are my own.