Mini Raspberry Pink Lemonade Pie-the great lemony flavor you love with a hint of raspberry, the perfect cool dessert for a warm summer day!
For the past year, I’ve been working hard on improving my photography and my “food styling.” I want pretty pictures.
Let’s face it, if the picture looks good, drool worthy, you’re more likely to want to try it. Or maybe you’re not as shallow and superficial as I am. I admit it, I do judge food on the internet by it’s photo.
I have no misconceptions of being magazine quality. And I’ve given up on the big Food Photo Sites. They are just too judgy- too light, composition, too close, too far. Maybe if I adjust something by one millidegree (wow, that really is a word!) then they’ll like it? That’s not why I get in the kitchen and create.
I bake and create in the kitchen because I love to do it.
Let me tell you, this pie is easy to make, something the kids can help with, perfect for a summer BBQ. And it’s a pretty pink color. Oh, and it will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
But my photos. To me, they were off. I was getting a reflection, then a shine. And I noticed a streak. then a tiny lump.
And then I remembered why I was writing this post. I was writing it for my amazing Mother-n-Law, and her sister…and her brother. All of who passed away from Cancer. 3 out of 4 siblings, all taken from us by this horrible disease. I was writing it for my husband, and my children, who based on the probability of genetics…I don’t even want to think about the odds.
It didn’t matter anymore that my photos weren’t perfect.
It mattered that Pampered Chef is trying to make a difference with their Help Whip Cancer Program. Since 2000, Pampered Chef has raised over $10 million for Cancer research, One dollar at a time. To me, that’s amazing.
Pampered Chef has generously offered to give away to one of my readers A Help Whip Cancer product bundle including
- Pink Color Coated paring Knife
- Pink Mini Scoop And Measure
- Dots Microfiber Towel
- Pink and White Twixit Clip Combo Pack
Just follow the rafflecopter to enter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A few Pie crust tips. Make sure your butter is cold. Take your time blending it into your flour mixture, it only takes a few minutes. Add your water a little at a time. You don’t want your dough to get pasty.
I prefer to roughly trim my crust before placing it in my pie dish. Just invert the dish over the crust and leave a little extra edge.
When blind baking (baking without filling) either use pie weights or just use a fork and poke lots of holes, otherwise the crust will get air pockets.
for the crust
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3=-4 tablespoons ice water
for the filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberry lemonade, thawed (or pink will also work)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (a giant dollop) plus extra for decorating
- a few drops of red food coloring
- Prepare your crust,
- Using a pastry blender, blend together flour, salt sugar and butter until crumbly. Slowly add in water until dough forms. Divide dough into two balls and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place on refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from fridge and divide into 6. Roll each dough ball out to about 3/8 thickness. Using your mini pie pan, cut crust to be about 1/2 inch wider than your inverted pie pan. gently press crust into pie pan, repeat with remaining dough. Using a fork, make several holes in your dough to prevent air bubbles under the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Let crust cool completely.
- Prepare filling.
- Cream cream cheese till smooth. add in sweetened milk and lemonade, beat until well combined. add in food coloring, keeping in mind color will lighten a bit.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spoon filling into prepared pie crusts. Freeze for 3-4 hours to set.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping
can also be made as a full size pie
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
want more cool treats?
I have been selected by The Pampered Chef to be an ambassador for their Help Whip Cancer®program. While I have received product in exchange for my post, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments