Homemade Peanut Butter Granola – eat it for breakfast or as a snack
We’ve been trying to find healthier snacks for the kids to take with them to school and for after school. For my youngest, it’s no problem, throw some fruit at her and she’s in heaven. A bunch of grapes don’t stand a chance around her. And she’s not embarrassed to carry a cute lunch bag to school.
For the other two, it gets a bit more challenging. My son is in high school. It’s not cool to carry that cute lunch bag around. He is willing to take his lunch, mainly because in an effort to be more healthy, along with budget cuts, school lunches just suck. They don’t even provide salt or pepper. So we have to get a little creative in what he takes. It has to be able to survive his backpack.
My middle child, in Middle School, is my picky eater. Fruit, no way. Vegetables, good luck trying that. This girl could live on cheese alone. I used to love granola as a kid. Just a little sweet, grab a handful and keep going.
Wanting to try my hand at making granola I found a recipe. It was terrible. But I knew I could work with it.
I can’t tell you how easy it is to make peanut butter granola, well yes I can, and I will.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or other nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a medium bowl and microwave about 20 seconds, until peanut butter melts. Stir to combine.
- Add in cinnamon and vanilla, stir again. Add oats and pecans and stir till oats are completely coated with peanut butter mixture.
- Spread out on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until granola starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store in airtight container.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
want more snack ideas?
Leave a Reply