Chocolate Chip Muffins with a light sugar crumb topping-so easy to make and tasty to eat!
Hannah moved away last week. Her dad is military, we knew it would happen.
About 2 weeks before the move, Hannah slept over. The girls wanted to make muffins for breakfast, and Cassie had already found the recipe on allrecipes.com. Of course, I had no problem with this, they were going to make Chocolate Chip Muffins .
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 F. degrees. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, backing powder, chocolate chips, and salt. Mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Hannah, we miss you already but we will be seeing you soon, count on it!
In our house these will always be know as “BFF Muffins!”
Want more muffins?
And you can find even more muffins by following my Muffins Board on Pinterest!