Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies-using all brown sugar and a touch of cinnamon creates a tasty cookie!
Do you ever get up in the morning and know you’ll want cookies? You get the butter out of the fridge but have now idea what you’ll be making. You just know that every good cookie starts with softened butter.
Then after a few cups of coffee, a load of laundry and some surfing on facebook, you decide it’s time.
You start rummaging through the cabinets. Looking for something to catch your eye, or your appetite. The oatmeal grabbed my attention (by falling out of the cabinet!).
And chocolate chips are almost a given in anything baked in my kitchen. I might currently have 3 huge bags of semi sweet chocolate chips in my pantry, just in case there’s ever a shortage at the stores.
You pull out the sugar and the flour, then you look at flavor options. I probably have every flavor extract ever made. But I just wasn’t feeling it. And then I saw the cinnamon. Just sitting there in front of all the other spices. And I knew. That little hint of cinnamon was just what my oatmeal cookies needed.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream Butter in mixing bowl, add in brown sugar and beat for 5 minutes on medium speed until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt, stirring just to blend, then add flour mixture, one cup at a time to butter mixture, being sure to scrape down sides of the bowl. Add oatmeal and mix well. Fold in Chocolate Chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes, just until edges start to turn golden. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
My favorite products for making perfect cookies every time
Want more cookies?