Salted Pistachio Pudding Cookies-the perfect cookie for pistachio lovers!
Pistachios have to be my all time favorite nut.
As a kid, they were always a treat. Usually we had them at my grandparents during the holidays. Back then, they were dyed red and when you opened them the dye would transfer to your fingertips. It took a lot of scrubbing to remove all the evidence of overindulgence but they were just so good. And salted just right every time.
These days I don’t even think you can find the red ones. It’s Natural all the way. I’m fine with that, the color was pretty, but as an adult, red fingertips are not cool.
Pistachios are my special snack. The snack I hide from the kids and hubby. Way too expensive to be eaten recklessly like a potato chip. And don’t even think they’re the same as a peanut. No Pistachios are the nut that puts all other snacks to shame. A class above.
I’m not sure how it happened. I ended up with a bag of UNSALTED pistachios. I can not even begin to tell you how devastating it is to anticipate that first nut, cracking it away from it’s shell, then popping it in your mouth, expecting that perfectly salted pistachio flavor. Then blah. Boring. No salt.
I try not to snack a lot. So when I do snack, I want to enjoy it. I won’t settle for just ok. Even my son, who hovers waiting for me to open these nuts, my son who eats anything and everything, walked away from these nuts.
So what to do with them? Make Cookies of course! In a cookie, these nuts ruled. Their lack of salt went undetected. Everyone loved these cookies and compared them to eating Pistachio Ice Cream, in cookie form.
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
- 1 box Instant Pistachio Pudding mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1-2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs and extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda and pudding mix then add to butter mixture. Mix until all combined. Fold in pistachios.
- Spoon cookie dough (I use a medium cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie tray. lightly sprinkle tops of cookies with salt.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want some more cookies?