Chocolate Meringues-made with egg whites, these are naturally low fat, make them bite sized and they become candy!
They have to keep their rooms, I won’t even go in other than to check on them half the time. Disaster areas. I’ve told you about my son and his socks here.
My older daughter is starting to take care of her room. My youngest will put on 12 outfits in one day, throw the ones she wore for maybe 10 minutes, on the floor, and she wears a uniform to school!
Like I said, I don’t go there. Their rooms are out of the way, anyone dropping by won’t see the mess.
I did try letting them do their own laundry once. It didn’t work out. They just couldn’t fold the clothes the way I like them folded. Clothes would get left in the washer or dryer for days.
Like leaving dishes in the sink, I just couldn’t handle it. So when my daughter tells me after dinner that she needs her band uniform in the morning, I have to start laundry.
She wore it yesterday, she could have told me then but what else do I have to do but her laundry on demand?
I always have recipes that call for an extra egg white or an extra egg yolk. I’ve been known to throw the leftover egg yolk into a cake or a batch of cookies. But when I have extra egg whites, I like to make meringues.
Some people call them Forgotten Cookies or Kisses, it’s all the same thing. A light, fat free, almost guiltless (I pretend I don’t notice the sugar) cookie. And it’s amazing how many cookies 1 egg white can make.
So on this night when I’m up late doing the laundry. (I had to do 2 loads, black pants and a white shirt, I don’t mix my darks with my whites no matter how color safe they might be.)
I decided to go ahead and get a jump on the weekend laundry. For some reason we have a jammed packed weekend all weekend anyway.
And I have a lonely egg white in the fridge. Meringues!
If you’ve never made them bite size you need to. Makes eating them like eating a handful of M&Ms or Skittles or Reeses Pieces or whatever your favorite small candy is. You get the idea. My hubby will take them to work, put the jar on his desk, just like a candy jar. Oh and they make a nice gift.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Chocolate Meringues Bite Size
- 1 egg white (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Place eggs in a medium bowl and start whipping, with a hand mixer is easiest if you only have 1 or two egg whites. Once your eggs turn foamy (white) you can add the rest of the ingredients. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Take a plastic bag and place it in a wide mouthed cup, sides folded over. Scoop your beaten egg whites into the plastic bag. Twist the top of the bag closed then cut the corner off the bottom of the bag to make a small hole about 1/2 inch. Now have fun, placing kisses on a parchment lined pan.
- Place in a preheated 225 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Turn off oven and leave in oven for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Just "forget" about them.
- Store in an air tight container such as a mason jar.
Just multiply your recipe for however many egg whites you have. If you don't have cream of tartar, leave it out, don't worry about it.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Leave a Reply