Cinnamon Cookie Sticks-a refrigerated cookie dough, slice, bake then drizzle some glaze, these cookies are both a little crunchy and chewy at the same time. Perfect with a cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk!
I love pinterest. Whenever I want to save a recipe, or a cute dress, or that new furniture I’ll get one of these days. I pin it.
And then I forget about. Well, not really forget about it, but I find 20 (100) other things that catch my eye, that I know I’ll want to make one day. And that thing I found 2 months ago, it gets forgotten about.
There are so many great ideas and recipes on the web these days. As part of my New Years resolution, I’m cleaning up my pinterest. Just one board at a time. While watching TV. (I can’t just watch TV, I have to be doing something else at the same time.) Removing pins that are doubles, that are ugly, that I say “why did I pin this?”
And discovering some of those awesome things I found years ago. Like these cookies. I pinned them three years ago!
That’s the great thing about recipes. They’re meant to be shared. Made, and shared again. My pin was from a post by Mostly Homemade Mom. She made these cookies after finding then from Joyful Homemaking.
And I was in the mood to have a cookie with my afternoon coffee break. I knew these would be perfect!
So easy to make. I love a refrigerated dough. You mix it up, chill it, then just slice and bake. These cookies are sweet enough without the glaze but I think adding the glaze dresses them up a bit. (They are kinda funny shaped once baked.)
And I like drizzling. It’s like being a little kid and getting to finger paint.
These cookies are so good. We’ve been eating them as an after school snack, as dessert, and I may have had a few with my morning coffee as well.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
for the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Cream Butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Slowly beat in to butter mixture until dough is smooth and flour mixture is completely combined.
- Line a loaf pan with foil and press dough into pan, fold foil over to cover dough.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour, until firm. Remove dough from pan and foil. Cut dough into 1/2 inch slices and then cut slices into thirds.
- Place slices on an greased cookie sheet, 3 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, until just lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar with milk, starting with 2 Tablespoons of milk, adding more milk if needed until drizzling consistency is reached.
- For easy drizzling, place glaze in a plastic bag and then cut a small hole in one corner of bag. Gently squeeze bag to drizzle glaze over cookies. Let glaze dry completely before storing in an airtight container.
Want some more cookies to go with your coffee?