Hot Chocolate Muffins-the great taste of your favorite winter drink in a muffin!
I’ve been wanting to make something in a coffee cup ever since the first time I saw it done, about a year ago.
You see, I have all these coffee cups that came with my dinner plates. You know when you buy the place setting for 4 in the box. It comes with the dinner plates, lunch/dessert plates, bowls, cups and saucers.
But it’s cheaper to buy the set then just the plates and bowls. Which is all I really ever need. Kids, I have a mix match of everyday plates thanks to my kids. And it’s ok, my good china is up out of reach, used only for special occasions, and only handled by me.
So anyway, I have all these coffee cups. I keep them up on the very top shelf of the cabinet
When I saw this recipe for Hot Chocolate Muffins posted by A Whisk and a Prayer, I knew it was time.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Hot Chocolate Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- Prepare 12 muffin tins or 6 coffee mugs, lightly greasing or using paper liners. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, then beat in milk, butter and vanilla. Create a well in your flour and add your liquids to the flour. Gently stir to combine.
- Separate about half of your mixture to another bowl and add cocoa to the separated portion. Stirring just till mixed.
- Place a layer of the plain batter on the bottom of your mug/tin.
- Then a layer of your chocolate, then more plain and end with a dab of the chocolate.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remover from oven to cool completely (or not) on wire racks.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
These are wonderful tasting muffins and I’ll make them again.
And I still want to bake something in a mug so I’ll just keep trying on that score. It just looks like too much fun to serve something yummy in a mug.
Want more amazing muffins?
Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Muffins
Leave a Reply